Note: if your camp is already in the system and you want to add more sessions of it to your schedule, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Making an online camp is largely the same as making an in-person class, but there are a few things we recommend to help maximize success.
To create a NEW camp, follow the steps below:
- Sign into the Partner Dashboard.
- Go to the Listings Tab, located on the left side of the page.
- Click "Add" in the top right corner.
- Choose the location of the new activity (there should just be one option for you, unless you have multiple locations).
- Under “Listing Type” select “Camp.” Please note that your camp listing will also be built with drop-ins in order to increase exposure to parents.
- Under “Format,” make sure you mark your new activity as an online class! If you are going to be interacting with your students over video conferencing, that counts as an “Online Live” class, not an in-person class. If you are going to be sending students a link to a video you’ve already recorded, that counts as a “Pre-recorded class.”
- If you select an "Online live class," you'll be presented with a choice: "KidPass Digital Platform with preferred payout" or "Other video platform."
- If you're not sure what you are, look back at your contract or email someone at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you select "Other" you'll be instructed to provide details—i.e. "Someone from the Ballet with Megan team will email you a Zoom link before class" or provide the direct link to your existing Zoom meeting.
- If you have a Pre-recorded class, be sure to write “(Pre-recorded)” at the end.
- Example: If you’re Zooming a live ballet class, you might want to title it “Ballet with Miss Megan (Online)”. If you’re sending out a Pre-recorded ballet class, you might want to title it “Ballet with Miss Megan (Pre-recorded)”
- Please write your activity description using third person—i.e. don’t say “I”. Since there are so many partners on our site, using your name or activity name as much as possible will help parents differentiate your program from others!
- The more details, the better! What will kids do in the class? What skills will kids leave the class having learned?
- Example: “In this class, Alvin Ailey alum Miss Megan will guide students (ages 3-5) in the basics of ballet poses. Kids will learn plies, how to point their toes and more and leave the class standing taller and feeling more confident and connected to their bodies!”
- If you later notice the photo isn't showing up on our site, your image might be too many MB or KB. Adjust and try again!
Now your camp is officially in our system, but there aren't any classes on the calendar yet. It's time to schedule some classes!
- Go to the Schedule tab on the left side of the page.
- Click "Add" in the top right corner.
- From "Listing" select the newly created camp.
- When creating a camp, please do it from the view of what a member would be booking. For example, if you offer camps Monday - Friday, but the member should only sign up for one day per week, you would have to add the camp for Monday, then separately submit for Tuesday and Wednesday and so on (for a total of 5 submissions!). The price should reflect that one-day-per-week format if that is how you offer them.
- If you offer camps weekly, you would have to make a different submission for each week, as you can only enter one start date and one end date. For this, you would include the weekly price when submitting.
- Add spots per session. If you select 10 spots, the system will add 10 drop-in spots and 10 semester spots.
- We do require adding an additional discount to our members. It is automatically set at 15%, but certainly feel free to offer a higher or lower discount!
- Click "Schedule".
You can do this every time you want to add more classes of this camp. Ex: if your "Ballet with Megan" Tuesday camp is such a success that you want to add a Monday camp, you don't have to input the activity info all over again—you can just skip to this step.
Congratulations, you're now officially up and running on our KidPass website! To see what the page looks like from the customer's point of view, go to "Schedule," select the activity you want, then in the top right corner under "Manage," select "View as a customer."